Sunday 5 June 2011

How much should it cost to replace my timing belt for honda accord 94?

I don%26#039;t know much about cars, but my brother says my car needs to get the timing belt changed to get rid of the loud noise. He believes it%26#039;s too tight/loose and that%26#039;s where the noise is coming from... I need to get an idea of how much a mechanic would charge me. Thanks!|||If you haven%26#039;t replaced your timing belt in the last 90,000 miles, it needs to be replace along with your timing belt driven water pump if that%26#039;s never been replaced. Also your belt tensioner and idler pulleys need replacing. Total cost at a Honda dealer: About $750. You have an %26quot;interference%26quot; type engine which is damaged (bent valves $$) if the belt breaks.|||It should cost around $250 give or take $50. That is what I had to pay here in Los Angeles.|||You should%26#039;nt get any loud noises from a cambelt as such,but could from the alternater belt.


I should take it to your local garage for them to have a listen before you make your mind up.

No comments:

Post a Comment